Conference / course application and admission processes
Please note that registration and/or application shall only take place if there is serious commitment towards participation.
If you register for the conference, in this regard, Green ChemisTree Foundation and its payment provider PayUmoney collects your payment and billing information and will use such information to process your payments.
If you are registered to a conference/course, we will use your personal information to:
- process your payments and thus your registration and facilitate your attendance at the event.
- provide you with information regarding the conference / course, including scheduling and logistics.
- provide you with other information that we believe may be of interest to conference / course attendees.
- provide you with accounts to access any digital event platforms and software’s in use for the event.
- promote our events by sharing pictures and video materials taken during the events.
In case you share with us contact details of your emergency contacts, we will process those only in the case of emergency.
We may also share personal information (other than payment information) of conference/course attendees (e.g. in the abstract book, on the event app, on the virtual event platform(s) or in other event softwares) with the other persons attending the same event. The purpose of this is to enable conference/course attendees to contact each other prior to, during or after the conference/course for networking purposes and to facilitate collaboration.
Please be aware that for conferences, a pdf file containing all abstracts may be sent out to all delegates approximately one week prior to the meeting.
Service as an invited Speaker/Panel Member/Mentor, etc
If you agree to speak/present/be a panel member/mentor, etc at an Green ChemisTree Foundation conference/course, we collect the information described in the previous section. Sometimes we may also request a biography and photograph. We collect this information to make it available to conference applicants and attendees. Accordingly, if you agree to speak at an IGCW event or any Green ChemisTree Foundation conference/course, we post on the respective event website and on any virtual event platform in use, your personal information (other than payment information), including your name, employer, physical work address, work email address, work telephone number and work fax number (mostly by means of directing to your institutional website. This is so that visitors to the IGCW website, including conference / course applicants, attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, partners and speakers can contact you with questions and requests for more information, and to provide feedback if needed.
Usage of photographic and video material taken at IGCW events
Green ChemisTree Foundation takes photographic and video material of participants at events. In registering for an IGCW event you consent that we may include images of yourself intact or in part for material used in various publications, press releases, promotional activities, or other related endeavours, for non-commercial purposes connected with the defined missions of Green ChemisTree Foundation / IGCW. This material may also appear on the IGCW’s internet web page or related social media pages. Should you not agree to be part of the photographic and video material or would like to have your pictures deleted, please inform us via by sending an e-mail to [email protected] or contact one of our colleagues providing assistance during the event.
Usage of social media to share information
Green ChemisTree Foundation welcomes and encourages the use of social media by participants. As a courtesy to other members, as well as to presenters at such events, we ask that you follow accepted social media etiquette.
- Use the event-specific hashtag as communicated during the event for any related tweets
- Remember that unpublished data presented at IGCW events should be regarded as confidential, and should not be published
- Tweet about the conference and sessions (without sharing unpublished information or data)
- Gain express approval from a speaker or poster presenter prior to quoting or publishing that individual’s scientific results
- Be respectful in tone and content
- Mute your cell phone/laptop/tablet volume at on-site events to avoid disrupting sessions
- Consider taking pictures or recording the event including other participants for your private use only and do not share the material more widely, unless those depicted in your material have consented to be shared publicly.
Please do not
Capture, transmit or redistribute data presented at the meeting – this may preclude subsequent publication of the data in a scholarly journal and/or patent protection. In case of doubt, please contact your technology transfer office.
- Use offensive language in your posts
- Engage in rudeness or personal attacks
- Broadcast the conference to unregistered participants
- Post or share any links to the sessions, software or virtual platforms that have been provided to you as a registered participant
Cancellation of registration by participant
- Cancellation of registration must be submitted in writing or via email and is valid only with acknowledgement of receipt by the IGCW course & conference office.
- Cancellation fees is not refundable.
- In case of cancellation participant can nominate to another person of the same organisation to attend the conference on behalf of the earlier registrant with the valid payment receipt.
Cancellation of registration by Green ChemisTree Foundations
Any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Green ChemisTree Foundation, including but not limited to acts of nature, fire, severe thunderstorm, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, terror, threats, pandemics, local or international health crises, security / safety risks or flooding shall constitute “force majeure”. If the force majeure is affecting an IGCW event, Green ChemisTree Foundation will notify the participants of such event without undue delay.
Green ChemisTree Foundation shall not be held responsible or liable for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations hereunder to the extent such delay or failure is caused by force majeure.
Green ChemisTree Foundation may take reasonable steps to minimise the consequences of the force majeure on its events and it is entitled to reschedule or rearrange (in all cases partially or wholly) an event and any performance related to such event.
If Green ChemisTree Foundation decides that the event cannot be rescheduled or rearranged, Green ChemisTree Foundation may cancel the event.
Green ChemisTree Foundation also holds the right to cancel the conference or course if:
- it is necessary to protect public health and safety.
- the event cannot be held due to insufficient interest or inadequate availability of speakers.
In the event of a cancellation due to the above mentioned reasons Green ChemisTree Foundation will reimburse a participant registered for the cancelled event any payment made to Green ChemisTree Foundation for participation in such event. Refunds are issued for events cancelled by Green ChemisTree Foundation. The reimbursement shall concern only payments made to Green ChemisTree Foundation for participation in the event and shall exclude for this purpose any other costs committed by participants or associated with their attendance in an IGCW event such as any travel, accommodation, etc.
Health and safety
By registering for onsite participation in an event, participants undertake to comply with Green ChemisTree Foundation’s health and safety policies applicable at the time of the event.
All participants are responsible for familiarising themselves with such policies and for ensuring that they are able to comply with all such policies and are eligible to participate.
Participants also agree to comply with any specific health & safety instructions issued to them in advance of and/or at the time of the event.
Health & Safety Instructions
- You must refrain from attending your course or conference or leave promptly if you test positive for COVID-19 and may not re-join until you test negative.
- Smoking is not permitted at the venue of IGCW Convention except at designated areas (eg: Smoking Area)
Code of conduct
- Green ChemisTree Foundation is dedicated to providing a harassment-free learning experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof) or manner of articulation. Harassment of participants in any form is not tolerated by Green ChemisTree Foundation.
- We recognise the inherent worth of every person by being respectful to them. All forms of communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of different backgrounds.
- Participants violating these terms and conditions, including any health & safety policies/ instructions and this code of conduct, may be asked to leave the conference/course/event without a refund at the sole discretion of the conference/course/event organisers and also banned from attending future conferences/courses/events organised by Green ChemisTree Foundation.
- Participants shall conduct themselves in such a manner so as not to jeopardise Green ChemisTree Foundation’s reputation during their participation in conferences/courses/events organised by Green ChemisTree Foundation.
- Participation is governed by this code of conduct as well as applicable internal and national legislation.
- Please contact us at [email protected] if you have questions or experience any violation of our code of conduct.
Green ChemisTree Foundation shall be held free and harmless from any loss and damage, including personal injury and death and related legal costs, resulting from the acts or omissions of a participant to any Green ChemisTree Foundation conference, course or event.
Except in case of gross negligence or wilful misconduct on its part, Green ChemisTree Foundation shall not be liable for any loss or damages, including but not limited to:
- damage to, loss of, or loss of use of any property;
- loss of revenue or profits; or
- any other direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage.
Participants are not covered by any Green ChemisTree Foundation medical or travel insurance and are required to make appropriate arrangements for their own medical, repatriation and travel insurance, including coverage for loss of, or damage to, their belongings.
In all cases, participants will be responsible for their cost of travel to the location of the conference, course or event, as well as for the costs of all meals not included in the programme of the event, local transport and other living expenses. Participants will also have to make their own arrangements for passports, visas, travel insurance and medical insurance. Should Green ChemisTree Foundation cancel an event in accordance with the section “Cancellation of registration by Green ChemisTree Foundation”, all such costs will continue to remain solely in the responsibility of the participants. Green ChemisTree Foundation shall have no responsibility for any such claims from the participants.
For the avoidance of doubt, Green ChemisTree Foundation does not accept liability for other costs committed to by participants or associated with their attendance in an Green ChemisTree Foundation event such as those for any travel, accommodation etc. You shall book flexible travel and take out travel insurance that covers you for these eventualities.
Any payment disputes, controversy or claim arising under or pursuant to these terms and conditions shall be settled, to the extent possible, amicably. That failing, you agree to submit any such dispute to final and binding arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act 1996 and without recourse to the ordinary courts of law (the place of arbitration shall be Mumbai, India; the language of the arbitration shall be English). Nothing contained in or related to these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed or interpreted as a waiver, express or implied, of any privileges and immunities accorded to Green ChemisTree Foundation by its constituent documents or international law.
The provisions of these terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with their true meaning and effect. Without prejudice to Green ChemisTree Foundation’s status as an intergovernmental institution, reference shall be made to the substantive law of India where:
(a) a matter is not specifically covered by the terms and conditions; or
(b) a provision is ambiguous or unclear.
Such reference shall be made exclusively for the matter or provision(s) concerned, and shall in no event apply to the other provisions of the terms and conditions.
Links to other websites
The IGCW site contains links to third party websites or resources. Their inclusion does not imply any endorsement or approval by Green ChemisTree Foundation, and these are provided for your information and convenience only. Green ChemisTree Foundation accepts no responsibility of liability in respect thereof.